Screen casts are a great way to demonstrate what the project can do. A series of 5 to 10 minute videos can tell a story about the project which can be consumed at one time or over several days. This page is an attempt to create a backlog of videos which would be useful to have, and some hints for creating them.
- Setup: Getting the installer, changing some attributes, running it, using it in an existing puppet environment etc.
- Importers: Setting up facts, reports, puppet class imports
- Smart Proxies: Set it up, go over DNS, DHCP, Puppet etc, import subnets, manage certificates manually etc
- Search: Using search in the UI, bookmarks, using Search via the API / puppet function.
- Provisioning Templates: How to assign provisioning templates, review, edit etc.
- Get a USB microphone, don't use on board.
- yum install gtk-recordmydesktop or ffmpeg
- 30 Frames per second
- Sound should be 2 channels, frequency of 48000
- Your monitor should be 1024x768 or 1280x800.
- Give you name, and reference the project, the mailing list, and the website.