Katello/Foreman Systems Management Personas¶
What is a persona?¶
“The purpose of personas is to create reliable and realistic representations of your key audience segments for reference. These representations should be based on qualitative and some quantitative user research.”
How should they be used?¶
“Personas help to focus decisions surrounding site components by adding a layer of real-world consideration to the conversation. They also offer a quick and inexpensive way to test and prioritize those features throughout the development process.”
ACME Financial Services Company
A large consumer financial services company with a retail, web and office environment.
How were these created?¶
- I built a cross-functional team including User Experience Designers, Product Managers, Developers.
- Gave an overview to the upstream community on what Personas are, how they are used, how we will construct them.
- Prepared a screener to run by potential interview candidates.
- Prepared a set of interview questions and reviewed with the team.
- Scheduled interviews and asked users the same interview questions to all while taking a lot of notes.
- Identified clusters of interviewees responses.
- Created persona write-ups based on these responses keeping the folks that we interviewed in mind.
- Finalized persona designs including a short write up on the persona and included a photo, Key Attributes, and Behavioral Drivers.
- Built this wiki page accessible as reference to everyone in the community.