Ship a package with basic bootloaders
|Assigned To:||Lukas Zapletal|
|Target version:||Team Marek Iteration 16|
|Found in release:||Pull request:||https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/1656|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
Users are constantly hitting issues when trying to find and extract Grub1 and Grub2 bootloaders from distributions. Common errors:
- They get incompatible version, e.g. Grub1 putting it into Grub2 directory and vice versa.
- They don't get shim.efi loader in order to support SecureBoot.
- They download and install unsigned Grub loader from Debian which will not work with SecureBoot.
I created new project https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-bootloaders which will hold bootloaders binaries from RHEL, CentOS and Fedora on the most common architectures x86_64, i386, arm64, ia64 and ppc64. Simply installing this package will deploy all required files including shim SecureBoot chainloaders. Naming conventions for the package names will be:
Where "redhat" is the distribution it was taken from and 201611151337 is current date and time when these were extracted from the most current stable version of the distribution.
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset rpms:foreman-packaging|5c78e3f03323b64b031db240f86ad695e1f4f5dc.