Run distribution axis labels should make large interval values human readable
We're using foreman to collect information about our salt infrastructure (with https://theforeman.org/plugins/foreman_salt/).
We don't run our states every 10 minutes, but rather launch them manually from time to time (and some of our clients have similar workflows). On the otherhand, we have a scheduled test run running every few hours (4 times a day in our case), and that information is send to foreman with upload-salt-reports.
The dashboards by default use the "Out of sync interval" and "Puppet interval" to qualify hosts. We've changed those to larger values and so the information is better. Here a few requests :
- make this setting general, not in the puppet section (we are not using puppet)
- labels should display hours when the minutes number is large (eg. "run distribution in the last 2880 minutes" could be "run distribution in the last 48 hours" or "last 2 days")
- the same goes for the legend of that run distribution (which is in minutes)
Thanks. foreman is awesome by the way, and we hope to push it more to our salt users and clients.
#2 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 5 years ago
- Subject changed from Dashboard should be configurable without having to change puppet settings to Run distribution axis labels should make large interval values human readable
- Category set to Reporting
Note that the setting category name (Puppet) is tracked as issue #11836.