Import of Environments and Classes Fail
On installing foreman 1.2 using the foreman installer (vagrant project here ) the import environment and classes functionality does not work. This issue has also been discussed on the foreman-user mailing list . In summary:
- 2 environments defined - production & development
- puppet.conf: https://gist.github.com/dizz/5950107
- Example structure: /etc/puppet/environments/production example structure (showing paths to init.pp): https://gist.github.com/dizz/5950994
#3 Updated by Dominic Cleal about 6 years ago
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Dominic Cleal
I think I see what's happening, the correct environment directory structure isn't being created by the installer (we were trying to standardise the paths it uses in different configs).
modulepath = /etc/puppet/environments/production/modules:/etc/puppet/environments/common:/usr/share/puppet/modules
Note the path is
/etc/puppet/environments/production/modules but the modules are installed under
/etc/puppet/environments/production (missing the last
modules/). The installer is only creating up to
/etc/puppet/environments/production without the modules/ subdir, which is likely to throw you (it just did me too).
#4 Updated by Dominic Cleal about 6 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
#5 Updated by Andy Edmonds about 6 years ago
I've just tested this and it works! Thanks very much Dominic!
Dominic Cleal wrote: