[BUG] Non-Admin users cannot generate the command for registration while having "Register hosts" role associated in Satellite 6.9
Description of problem:
Non-Admin users cannot generate the curl command for automated registration while having "Register hosts" role associated with them.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a user called testuser in the Satellite server and assign the "Register hosts" role to the same.
2. Login to Satellite UI using that testuser.
3. Go to Hosts --> All Hosts --> Register Host
4. Select All Parameters as applicable related to registration
5. Click on "Generate Command"
echo "ERROR: not_found";
It should be able to generate the curl command with token as expected [ or it can for an admin user ]
The prerequisites section of the doc https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_satellite/6.9/html-single/managing_hosts/index#registering-a-host-to-project-using-the-global-registration-template_managing-hosts mentions following:
"The Satellite user that generates the curl command must have the create_hosts permission."
But it also needs to have "view_smart_proxies" permission.
If I clone the "Register hosts" role, add the "view_smart_proxies" permission for that role and then assign the cloned role to my non-admin user i.e. testuser, I will be able to generate the curl command and register the host as expected.