Project

General

Profile

Feature #3643

Support for Opennebula as Computer ressources

Added by Patrick Martins over 5 years ago. Updated almost 5 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
Compute resources
Target version:
Difficulty:
Triaged:
No
Bugzilla link:
Pull request:
Team Backlog:
Fixed in Releases:
Found in Releases:

Description

Hi all,

it would be great to add support for Opennebula to manage as Computer resources.

Thanks in advance.


Related issues

Related to Foreman - Bug #6670: Update fog to 1.23Closed2014-07-17

History

#1 Updated by Sebastian M over 5 years ago

Patrick Martins wrote:

Hi all,

it would be great to add support for Opennebula to manage as Computer resources.

Thanks in advance.

I would appreciate the support of further compute ressources e.g. "OpenNebula".
We`re running OpenNebula and TheForeman and currently there is a lack of supporting ONE within TheForeman.

Best regards,
Sebastian

#2 Updated by Arnold Bechtoldt about 5 years ago

Giving +1 on this.

#3 Updated by Fritz Enboe about 5 years ago

Hi Patrick,

There is a new foreman plugin for opennebula. You can find everything you need (fog and foreman plugin) in the netways github repo (https://github.com/NETWAYS). It's brand new, please try it! If there is a lack of documentation or features just write me some lines and i would try to help!

Here is a video about how we use the plugin (http://youtu.be/Lind0WNaxYI) and which features work at the moment. There is also a thread on the OpenNebula users mailinglist http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.opennebula.org/msg14859.html

Kind regards,
b0e

#4 Updated by Patrick Martins almost 5 years ago

Fritz Enboe wrote:

Hi Patrick,

There is a new foreman plugin for opennebula. You can find everything you need (fog and foreman plugin) in the netways github repo (https://github.com/NETWAYS). It's brand new, please try it! If there is a lack of documentation or features just write me some lines and i would try to help!

Here is a video about how we use the plugin (http://youtu.be/Lind0WNaxYI) and which features work at the moment. There is also a thread on the OpenNebula users mailinglist http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.opennebula.org/msg14859.html

Kind regards,
b0e

Hi b0e,

thank you and the whole team very much for this nice feature. I got started implementing the plugin in our LAB environment. I think the most of the features are working very fine but I'm unable to run the VNC-console from the
Foreman Webinterface. Maybe you could give me an clue where is my problem.

The error message I got is:

"Failed to set console: undefined method `merge' for "{\"message\":\"Cannot create VNC proxy token\",\"errno\":4369}":String"

Thanks in advance.

Kinde regards,
Patrick

#5 Updated by Fritz Enboe almost 5 years ago

Hi Patrick,

i'm not sure about the error message, but i'm sure you need a additional patch. Look at the last commit in [1,2]. This isn't yet in the foreman code, and i'm not sure if this breaks vnc for other compute resources....

The tokens should be in foreman/extras/noVNC/sunstone_vnc_tokens/. Create the directory if it doesn't exists. And you have to start noVNC websockify.py with the target-config parameter, e.g.

/opt/foreman/extras/noVNC/websockify.py --target-config=/opt/foreman/extras/noVNC/sunstone_vnc_tokens 29876

Kind regards,
b0e

[1] https://github.com/NETWAYS/foreman/tree/feature/1.5-stable-one_vnc_support
[2] https://github.com/NETWAYS/foreman/commit/b1251570cacf6cbf3b385b164d5c433796c1fd5b

#6 Updated by Patrick Martins almost 5 years ago

Fritz Enboe wrote:

Hi Patrick,

i'm not sure about the error message, but i'm sure you need a additional patch. Look at the last commit in [1,2]. This isn't yet in the foreman code, and i'm not sure if this breaks vnc for other compute resources....

The tokens should be in foreman/extras/noVNC/sunstone_vnc_tokens/. Create the directory if it doesn't exists. And you have to start noVNC websockify.py with the target-config parameter, e.g.

/opt/foreman/extras/noVNC/websockify.py --target-config=/opt/foreman/extras/noVNC/sunstone_vnc_tokens 29876

Kind regards,
b0e

[1] https://github.com/NETWAYS/foreman/tree/feature/1.5-stable-one_vnc_support
[2] https://github.com/NETWAYS/foreman/commit/b1251570cacf6cbf3b385b164d5c433796c1fd5b

Hi b0e,

thanks for your fast response. The first problem I was getting is now fixed, it was just needed to create the directory for saving the tokens. Now I'm having a new problem and I can't find a solution for it. I started the "websockify.py --target-config=" and when I want to connect I get the following errror that no token is present.

Plain non-SSL (ws://) WebSocket connection
Version hybi-13, base64: 'True'
Token not present

In Foreman Webinterface then I got the message "Failed to connect to server".

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Patrick

#7 Updated by Michael Moll almost 5 years ago

  • Related to Bug #6670: Update fog to 1.23 added

#8 Updated by Michael Moll almost 5 years ago

I would propose to close this bug, when #6670 is closed. Further problems can then be discussed via fog's and foreman-one's issue trackers accordingly.

#9 Updated by Michael Moll almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed
  • Target version set to 1.8.0

Fog got updated in develop, so this issue can be closed now.

Also available in: Atom PDF