Cannot specify initial Organization or Location via Katello installer
Changes in the Katello installer post-enginification have resulted in the specification of initial seed data by a user being broken. This issue will requires updates to the Katello puppet module and the mechanism by which the seed script extracts those values.
Refs #5029: Allow initial organization and location to be specified during seed.
Initial seed data can now be specified by running:
rake db:seed SEED_INITIAL_ORGANIZATION=MyOrg SEED_INITIAL_LOCATION=MyLoc
This also has the side effect of allowing creation of multiple org/location
by running seed with different values for each.
Merge pull request #4336 from ehelms/refs-5029
Refs #5029: Allow initial organizationd and location to be specified dur...
ideally the user could specify:
--first-organization=<defaults to ACME_Corporation>
--first-location=<defaults to Default>
One additional request:
set the first admin user's "Default" Org and Location to be the first-org and first-location specified above. This will ensure that org and location will be selected upon first login.
- Target version set to 45
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
- Target version changed from 45 to 48
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Eric Helms
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 13
- Target version changed from 48 to 49
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/1618 added
- Target version changed from 49 to 54
- Project changed from Katello to Foreman
- Category changed from Installer to Rails
- Target version changed from 54 to 1.8.0
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) changed from 13 to 10
- Target version changed from 1.8.0 to 1.7.5
- Subject changed from Cannot specify initial seed data via Katello installer to Cannot specify initial Organization or Location via Katello installer
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- Bugzilla link set to 1125241
- Related to Bug #6891: rake db:seed failure on creating organization added
Also available in: Atom