Roadmap meeting Dec 05 2011 » History » Version 18
Please add your own wishlist here, we would review these topics during the meeting, Order has no meaning.
Dec 05 2011 : 7pm UTC on #theforeman (Freenode)¶
Important Issues to review¶
- Mcollective integration
- Pulp Admin integration
- Parameterized classes support
- Controlling the BMC through IPMI
- control boot order
- power controls
- Remove dependency of virt in foreman
- make a more generic layer that allows for any 3rd party virtualization tools (ovirt, virt, libvirt, aws, fog, ...)
- Ruby version support
- create external service for 3rd party tools
- wrapper service that acts as the middle man to talk to foreman and 3rd party tools
- Can handle compatibility better
- Better security
- Password Encryption
- DB data versioning (Templates, parameters, etc - possibility to revert to a previous state)
- Cloud provisioning and unattended access/security related (#969)
- Git and Release maintenance
- Puppet-Foreman deployment recipes - Isolate namespace (as in : http://bit.ly/sFabPs) ? Or not ?
- Bug/Feature reviews
- Security related issues, that so far have been handled outside Foreman, like restricting who can POST Reports and Facts. Ideally Foreman should handle them.