Sync status to include state
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1208758
1. Proposed title of this feature request
When I go to sync-status, I can see the progress bar, but it doesn't appear to be moving.
I can see that there is an error generated saying that it failed.
New packages: 7619/14727 (16.3 GB/24.6 GB). Failed to download 10 packages.
This could be thought as quite confusing, for instance, like its stuck and not running. I was able to confirm the status by going to monitor -> tasks
I think there should be another column to indicate the current status.
I've added a screenshot of what this could look like.
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
This is a satellite related gui feature
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
To test , you can run a synchronisation, then check its running state.
Then verify in monitor -> tasks
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
related but not an rfe
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
#5 Updated by John Mitsch 9 months ago
- Target version deleted (
- Status changed from New to Rejected
Thanks for reporting this issue. This issue was created over 4 years ago and hasn't seen an update in 1 year. We are closing this in an effort to keep a realistic backlog. Please open up a new issue that includes a link to this issue if you feel this still needs to be addressed. We can then triage the new issue and reassess.