The Satellite 6.0 installation is failing with error '/var/lib/candlepin/cpinit_done returned 8 instead of one of '
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1236541
Description of problem:
The Satellite 6.0 installation is failing with error '/var/lib/candlepin/cpinit_done returned 8 instead of one of ' even when all of below things are correct,
1. The system has umask 0022
2. The /etc/hosts file has correct localhost entries as below,
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
3. There is no firewall or proxy set which may block connections to localhost on port 8080.
4. The system has java 1.7 installed only.
5. There is no http_proxy environment variable set.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Can see one case where even when having all things at correct places installation fails.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Have all things correct on Satellite.
2. Run katello-installer
3. Fails with generic error,
'/var/lib/candlepin/cpinit_done returned 8 instead of one of '
Fails with generic error.
Should not fails and installation should be successful.
Fixes #11160 : Increase the number of times the scripts attempts to call cpinit before failing.
The prevailing thought is that this is due to lack of entropy on vms. If that is trye, all that can be done
is wait longer. This bumps up the script to attempt to connect 40 times, waiting 20 seconds between attempts.
This should give 800 seconds for the machine to get entropy
#4 Updated by Bryan Kearney about 5 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
This was resolved by https://github.com/Katello/puppet-candlepin/pull/23