Import classes does not find any new classes
After updating from 1.8 to 1.9 RC2 we found out that importing new puppet classes did not get imported anymore.
- after ugrade one class could get imported after this one it did not find any new classes
- setenforce 0 or 1 makes no difference
- importing new environments does work
- deleted classes get detected properly
- no errors/exception even in debug mode
- sudo -u foreman-proxy cat /etc/puppet/environments/production/modules/lh_nodes/manifests/<class> does work
What we did is renaming the /var/cache/foreman-proxy/ json file. After this it did detect new classes proper.
- Related to Bug #11131: Intermittent Puppet class cache test with timestamps added
- Project changed from Foreman to Smart Proxy
- Category changed from Smart Proxy to Puppet
- translation missing: en.field_release set to 35
- Related to deleted (Bug #11131: Intermittent Puppet class cache test with timestamps)
- Related to Bug #10941: puppet classes cache not working right added
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Anonymous
Is it possible to attach cache files to this issue? The one that got renamed and the one after all classes have been detected.
What version of ruby are you using? Would it be possible to attach the smart-proxy log which includes the first (failed) puppet class import after the upgrade?
I included the json file. Can I mail you the other file (kinda private stuff in it)
I assume that's the cache after all puppet classes have been discovered? Do you have the cache file from when you were having issues described in this ticket? My email is ddolguik at redhat. Thanks!
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/smart-proxy/pull/304 added
- Pull request deleted (
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Related to Bug #11311: Puppet module tests shouldn't depend on existence of /etc/puppet/puppet.conf added
FYI I tested RC3 on our deployment and tested:
- new sub-module under a module
- complete new module
BOTH new classes get picked up by the importer.
Also available in: Atom