Check kernel/image before attempting to kexec
When repo (or Kickstart with Katello installed is misconfigured, system is sent with kexec command, it fails with 404 and then 500 error. We can prevent that and make HEAD HTTP request on kernel/image before host is really provisioned. This gives us ability to rollback with nice error instead creating a broken host.
#4 Updated by Lukas Zapletal about 2 years ago
- Difficulty changed from trivial to medium
- Bugzilla link set to 1370556
This feature needs three changes:
1) Support for HTTP HEAD in downloader API in proxy.
2) New PowerAPI call "check kexec".
3) New orchestration step to perform this check before provisioning.
Difficulty is "medium".