upgrade packages to use nodejs version 4.x
some of the infrastructure (el7, jessie, trusty) uses nodejs v0.10, which is EOL.
All supported OSes can provide version >= 4.x using either epel or nodesource, which are supported and support es6 syntax.
This will also likely improve speed of asset compilation.
#1 Updated by Michael Moll over 2 years ago
I opened https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-infra/pull/258 for adding the apt repos to the builders where needed and https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/1421 for the DEB packaging part.
For the RPM part: EPEL does bring node 6.x now, so that should be a "yum update" and I think it would be good to have updated nodes in general, anyway... Then the version can get raised in the RPM specs also.
It's currently not possible to go to 6.x on Debian/Ubuntu, as nodesource does not provide aarch64 builds.
#2 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 2 years ago
- Project changed from Foreman to Packaging
- Subject changed from upgrade infrastructure to use supported nodejs versions to upgrade packages to use nodejs version 4.x
- Category changed from Packaging to Debian/Ubuntu
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Michael Moll
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 189
#4 Updated by Michael Moll over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset foreman-packaging|c4945cbb21e5a879ca4f882d3793ab7bd3dcf273.