Project

General

Profile

Bug #20301

tfm-rubygem-safemode-1.3.2-1.el7 not in repository or not synced to all mirrors?

Added by Andreas Rogge about 5 years ago. Updated about 5 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
RPMs
Target version:
-
Difficulty:
Triaged:
No
Bugzilla link:
Pull request:
Fixed in Releases:
Found in Releases:

Description

We tried to upgrade Foreman to 1.15.2 on CentOS 7 and it fails, because it cannot download http://yum.theforeman.org/releases/1.15/el7/x86_64/tfm-rubygem-safemode-1.3.2-1.el7.noarch.rpm (we get a 404 response). The package seems to be in the repodata as yum selects it as an update.

I did clean the yum metadata and the issue persists.

History

#1 Updated by Marek Hulán about 5 years ago

perhaps try "yum clean all", the package needed to be removed since some templates were incompatible, which will be fixed in 1.15.3

#2 Updated by Jimmy Martin about 5 years ago

Marek Hulán wrote:

perhaps try "yum clean all", the package needed to be removed since some templates were incompatible, which will be fixed in 1.15.3

This is still the case coming from the http://yum.theforeman.org/releases/1.15/el7/x86_64/ repo. I hit this earlier and posted to the IRC channel.

Did a

yum update --exclude=tfm-rubygem-safemode

in our test environment and everything seems a-ok.

#3 Updated by Andreas Rogge about 5 years ago

Looks like the repodata still contains the package header information while the package itself was removed from the repo.

#4 Updated by Jimmy Martin about 5 years ago

Andreas Rogge wrote:

We tried to upgrade Foreman to 1.15.2 on CentOS 7 and it fails, because it cannot download http://yum.theforeman.org/releases/1.15/el7/x86_64/tfm-rubygem-safemode-1.3.2-1.el7.noarch.rpm (we get a 404 response). The package seems to be in the repodata as yum selects it as an update.

I did clean the yum metadata and the issue persists.

You are correct about the repomd, it was my first thought this morning.

<url>http://github.com/svenfuchs/safemode</url>
<time file="1499923862" build="1499871087"/>
<size package="21232" installed="39084" archive="44284"/>
<location href="tfm-rubygem-safemode-1.3.2-1.el7.noarch.rpm"/>

Is in the current primary.xml.

#5 Updated by Jimmy Martin about 5 years ago

Andreas Rogge wrote:

Looks like the repodata still contains the package header information while the package itself was removed from the repo.

This has been resolved. Createrepo --update was run to make sure the repomd data is updated with the correct version.

#6 Updated by Andreas Rogge about 5 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved

I can confirm that this has helped.

#7 Updated by Lachlan Simpson about 5 years ago

Didn't 'naturally' work for me through the gui using Advanced Sync -> Complete or Advanced Sync -> Validate Content Sync.

Is there a way to refresh, force refresh or otherwise clean out the old repodata via cli? Is it as easy as deleting the xml and xml.gz in the repodata of the repo in question?

#8 Updated by Lachlan Simpson about 5 years ago

Lachlan Simpson wrote:

Is it as easy as deleting the xml and xml.gz in the repodata of the repo in question?

No is the answer to that question.

Can someone suggest other options?

#9 Updated by Lachlan Simpson about 5 years ago

I just created a new repo using http://yum.theforeman.org/releases/1.15/el7/x86_64/ and can confirm this remains an issue.

#10 Updated by Daniel Lobato Garcia about 5 years ago

I get "Importer got a failed response" when trying to add the repo to a product. I see the output from Pulp lists the correct number of packages though, checking what's wrong (might be my own Katello setup even)

#11 Updated by Lachlan Simpson about 5 years ago

Daniel Lobato Garcia wrote:

(might be my own Katello setup even)

Took this as a hint, upgraded Katello/Foreman server despite the sync warning. Upgrade went fine, and sync is now back on track, working. Cheers

Also available in: Atom PDF