after changing http proxy pulp importers use old setting till service restart
Description of problem:
After changing http proxy settings by installer the new settings are effective only in katello (cdn scan, repo enable, insights...) while in pulp (repo sync) the old settings are still in effect till next service restart.
The installer is probably missing to ensure a restart of some/all pulp services.
The issue is a regression against Sat6.2
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite 6.3 Beta
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run installer to force SAT to communicate over http proxy
2. Trigger CDN reposet scan or repository enablement and watch traffic actually hittng http proxy
3. Trigger a repo sync and watch traffic not hitting proxy
4. Restart services (particularly Pulp ones)
5. Trigger a repo sync and watch traffic finally hitting proxy
very illusory result since only some of actions are actually using new http proxy settings
after installer run all actions should use new proxy http settings
#4 Updated by Chris Roberts over 2 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset puppet-pulp|cd36eaee1a56c4c444b57bdf7f8b6ea80ab51230.