[Container Admin Feature] Registry Name Pattern with repository.url will always be rejected
Registry Name Pattern claims to allow repository.url variable, but it always reject it. If that variable is used, error message will be displayed: "An error occurred saving the Environment: Registry name pattern will result in invalid container image name of member repositories".
The problem is that name created by pattern must pass through ContainerImageNameValidator.validate_name function. It checks name against following regexp:
This regexp allows multiple slashes in name, but not subsequently (/ is OK, // is not). URL will contain :// (colon slash slash) sequence between protocol and host name. So URL technically can be used, but it will be rejected as invalid.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Content -> Lifecycle Environment
2. Select environment other than "Library" (create one if necessary)
3. In registry pattern name field, put pattern with repository.url variable (example: "<%= organization.label %>/<%= repository.url %>/<%= repository.docker_upstream_name %>")
#1 Updated by Andrew Kofink over 1 year ago
- Target version set to Katello 3.11.0
- Assignee set to Andrew Kofink
- Subject changed from [Container Admin Feature] Registry Name Pattern with repository.url will always be rejected to [Container Admin Feature] Registry Name Pattern with repository.url will always be rejected