Misleading error message when incorrect org label is entered
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2050323
Description of problem:
Misleading error message is displayed when wrong organization label is entered into 'Organization Label' field in 'CDN Configuration' tab of 'Content->Subscriptions->Manage Manifest'
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
1. Prepare content on source Satellite server
1. Prepare Content Credential or use existing (wget http://<source_server>/pub/katello-server-ca.crt; hammer content-credentials create --name "SourceCA" --organization-title "Default Organization" --path katello-server-ca.crt --content-type "cert")
3. Go to 'Content->Subscriptions->Manage Manifest->CDN Configuration'
4. Enter valid values, except Organization Label (use invalid, e.g. "Bad_Org") and press "Update"
Internal Server Error: the server was unable to finish the request. This may be caused by unavailability of some required service, incorrect API call or a server-side bug. There may be more information in the server's logs.
Some reasonable error message is displayed (e.g. "Organization label not found")
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 1 year ago
- Assignee set to Lucy Fu
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/9956 added
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 1 year ago
- Fixed in Releases Katello 4.5.0 added
#3 Updated by Anonymous about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset katello|cf5f9c87fad2abeddad31f63e507e5e4b6f65bd5.
#4 Updated by Chris Roberts about 1 year ago
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
- Target version changed from Katello 4.4.0 to Katello 4.5.0
- Subject changed from Misleading error message when incorrect org label is entered to Misleading error message when incorrect org label is entered
#5 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 1 year ago
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/9899 added
Fixes #34464 - Check organization's existence for CDN configuration