Matchers/overrides have no clear grouping, mess of input boxes
The overrides section of the smart class parameter page has become a bit of a maze of checkboxes and input boxes, and needs tidying up.
The main problems that I see are:
1. "Global" configuration for the behaviour of overrides (merging, "avoid duplicates", order) should be more separate to the list of matchers.
2. No separation between individual matchers, so what the "Use Puppet default" box applies to is unclear. Other forms in the app use horizontal rules to separate individual items.
#1 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 8 years ago
#2 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 8 years ago
- Related to Feature #3260: Allow puppet parameters to have no default value, but overrideable added
#3 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 8 years ago
- Related to Feature #3309: Support deep merging of hash structures in smart class parameters added
#4 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 8 years ago
- Blocks Tracker #4470: Usability of parameters and overrides added
#5 Updated by Ori Rabin over 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Ori Rabin
#6 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 8 years ago
3. "Use Puppet default" is below the default value, but above the override value text boxes
#7 Updated by The Foreman Bot over 8 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/1898 added
- Pull request deleted (
#8 Updated by Ori Rabin almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset 2b6605c440dd69954670c69c65e2d02ece899d92.
#9 Updated by Dominic Cleal almost 8 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 35
Fixes #8217, #8214 - Rearranging override section in smart class parameter page and host page