500 error on any problem when signing Puppet certificate
Currently if any error happens when signing a certificate request, Foreman will throw a 500 error page.
See the following example for a error of a client sending a broken cert request (incompatible digest algorithm):
ERF12-9815 [ProxyAPI::ProxyException]: Unable to sign PuppetCA certificate for samplehost ([RestClient::NotAcceptable]: 406 Not Acceptable) for proxy https://mydomain:9090/puppet/ca
We can handle this through an alert and return back to the smart proxy puppetCA index page.
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/2229 added
- Pull request deleted (
#2 Updated by Dominic Cleal about 8 years ago
- Category set to PuppetCA
- Assignee set to Daniel Lobato Garcia
#3 Updated by Dominic Cleal almost 8 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 35
#4 Updated by Daniel Lobato Garcia almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset 1ced4fb33ee049110737c8985953402444e27ec9.
Fixes #9674 - Handle ProxyAPI exceptions on PuppetCA controller