Cannot change the disk name when provisioning a VMware host
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273947
Description of problem:
cannot change the HardDisk name when provisioning a vm for vmware compute resource.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. add a vmware compute resource
2. provision a host on this compute resource with a custom HD name
3. Unable to see the custom HD name at vmware end
Unable to see the custom HD name in the vmware
Should be able to see the custom HD name at the vmware side.
#1 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 6 years ago
- Subject changed from cannot change the HardDisk name when provisioning a vm for vmware compute resource to Cannot change the disk name when provisioning a VMware host
- Category changed from Compute resources to Compute resources - VMware
Using image or network provisioning? The two methods create VMs in very different ways.
#2 Updated by Angelo Lisco over 6 years ago
Working in a big vmware environment, I can tell you that there is no way to customize the HDD name of a VM on the VMware side.
I know this is possible in RHEV/Ovirt (and maybe other CR managed by fog) but not in VMware.
So, this bug should be modified to something like "Disable volume name customization when a VMware CR is choosen".
For reference, go to: https://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-55/index.jsp#com.vmware.vsphere.hostclient.doc/GUID-2CFBCCD5-B53D-42CD-AECD-FBC46AAC4AC5.html?resultof=%2522%2568%2561%2572%2564%2522%2520%2522%2564%2569%2573%256b%2522%2520