Install foreman-proxy gives errror on foreman-proxy user with no puppet installed.
Installed foreman 1.12.2 with foreman and foreman-cli (no puppet from foreman-installer).
Now adding the foreman-proxy to it, gives the following error on foreman-proxy-user
foreman-installer --enable-foreman-proxy --foreman-user-groups EMPTY_ARRAY --foreman-configure-epel-repo false --foreman-configure-scl-repo false --foreman-proxy-custom-repo true Could not set groups on user[foreman-proxy]: Execution of '/usr/sbin/usermod -G puppet foreman-proxy' returned 6: usermod: group 'puppet' does not exist /Stage[main]/Foreman_proxy::Config/User[foreman-proxy]/groups: change from to puppet failed: Could not set groups on user[foreman-proxy]: Execution of '/usr/sbin/usermod -G puppet foreman-proxy' returned 6: usermod: group 'puppet' does not exist
Specifying one of these options does not help;
--foreman-proxy-puppet-group EMPTY_ARRAY --foreman-proxy-puppet-group EMPTY_HASH --foreman-proxy-puppet-group UNDEF --foreman-proxy-puppet-group=UNDEF
#1 Updated by Dominic Cleal almost 7 years ago
- Related to Bug #16241: Puppet group configured on 'foreman' user without 'puppet' module selected added
#2 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden about 4 years ago
- Related to Bug #26330: Foreman Proxy module is unconditionally assigned to the puppet group added
#3 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden about 4 years ago
- Assignee set to Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden
- Status changed from New to Duplicate
- Category set to Foreman modules
This was fixed via #26330.