Add support for the katello-agent actions to use DNF and manage consumers without Pulp triggering actions
Pulp may not convert the goferd consumer actions to support dnf commands. This means that in environments that don't have yum, goferd won't be able to trigger consumer actions. Perhaps that same code can be shipped with katello-agent and updated to also support dnf. It doesn't make sense for Pulp to add the dnf support. Pulp3 doesn't have any consumers, so adding new goferd dnf support only to drop it doesn't make sense (to me).
I'm proposing that issue be closed on the Pulp side as WONTFIX https://pulp.plan.io/issues/1875.
#3 Updated by Jeff Ortel over 1 year ago
Add libdnf.py which will provide the same API as rpmtools (renamed: libyum.py).
Since the katello-agent plugin disables progress reporting through goferd, the dnf support will not include
progress reporting. Further, the progress reporting will be stripped from the yum code.
- update (all, specific packages, advisories)
Add conditional import in the rpm.py handler to detect when DNF is available.
Open PR in https://github.com/Katello/katello that includes:
- Refactor handler framework from pulp core to minimal.
- RPM handler from the RPM plugin.
- Port handler code to run on python 2.7+ and 3.
Hand off to katello team. This includes a developer deep dive.
- It may be challenging to support python 2.4 (EL5) python3 (EL8).
- This will require that the pulp2 agent API conform to semantic versioning.
#4 Updated by Jeff Ortel about 1 year ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from New to Closed
Applied in changeset katello-agent|0b287ce71eb089db29be61c53bb879992457b473.