Callback plugins are ignored while running a ansible remote job
Description of problem:
If we add extra callback plugins in ansible configuration, they are ignored while running remote ansible jobs and hence output of callback plugins is not there in the UI.
- grep callback_whitelist /usr/share/foreman-proxy/.ansible.cfg
callback_whitelist = foreman, timer, profile_tasks
- egrep CALLBACK_WHITELIST ./lib/foreman_ansible_core/command_creator.rb
defaults['ANSIBLE_CALLBACK_WHITELIST'] = '' if rex_command?
When running assigned ansible roles, the output of plugins is present as CALLBACK_WHITELIST is not oveerriden in this case.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add timer, profile_tasks callback plugins to /usr/share/foreman-proxy/.ansible.cfg
2. Run a ansible provider based remote job and output of callback plugins is missing there
Callback plugins are overriden to empty value
It should read list of callback plugins from configuration and ignore only "foreman" plugin for a rex job.
#2 Updated by Ondřej Pražák 3 months ago
- Subject changed from Callback plugins are ignored while running a ansible remote job to Callback plugins are ignored while running a ansible remote job
Is this still relevant since playbook runner is now a legacy option and everyone should move to ansible-runner?