In the case of errors coming from Puppet types, providers etc, it's necessary to run Puppet with --trace to get a stack trace back.
Ideally, we'd always run Puppet with --trace as it's otherwise harmless, but then send the stack traces to the log file for further investigation. Otherwise it could be an argument to the binary.
- Related to Feature #3435: foreman-installer fails when /etc/hosts is not filled appropriately added
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Lukas Zapletal
- Target version set to 1.9.3
- translation missing: en.field_release set to 2
- Difficulty set to easy
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Related to Bug #30505: Do not display puppet traceback when reporting errors added
Also available in: Atom