To have "reclaim-space" option introduced for "hammer capsule content" command
1. Proposed title of this feature request
[RFE] To have "reclaim-space" option introduced for "hammer capsule content" command.
2. What is the nature and description of the request?
Modofication of hammer-cli-katello related code to include a hammer based option and allow running reclaim-space operation on any external capsule server from command line
3. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
For Repository, we have a reclaim space option present in UI, API as well as in hammer.
For external capsules, Only UI and API, have the options but hammer still does not have the feature included. As hammer is much easy touse than executing an API call, It is highly recommended to have the "reclaim-space" option introduced in "hammer capsule content" command.
4. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
- hammer capsule content reclaim-space --id X
Executing this command should trigger the Actions::Pulp3::CapsuleContent::ReclaimSpace task as expected for capsule with ID X.
It should be possible to trigger task in both Sync and Async manner.
5. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Same as above
6. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
7. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
As soon as possible
8. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
9. List any affected packages or components.
10. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Yes and so as the RH support
Updated by Chris Roberts 2 months ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset hammer-cli-katello|f247480e04e26134f4002572f7f6e12feee22495.