The logged in user should be the default one in create new hosts
Somewhere along the way we have lost this requested feature . I have a simple solution in the views file.
- Related to Feature #452: the logged in user should be the default owner when creating new hosts added
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Target version set to 1.9.0
- Has duplicate Feature #4532: Default new host owner to currently logged in user added
I have tested this, it is not resolved. The form for a new host continues to show "Select an owner" as the default
Yes it is true, but this new change should set the user that host is assigned to after you create it to the currently logged in. My previous change was changing it only in web template.
Interesting point, which makes more sense to you Martin? I'm wondering if we need both, since a host created through the API would find the change to the model useful, but seeing it explicitly set on the form might be best for GUI users.
Showing this for GUI users would be greatly appreciated.
I'm preparing the new change with both solutions
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 7
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Has duplicate Bug #3771: Foreman 1.3.0: owner not populated for new hosts by default added
- Related to Feature #14013: Add setting for the default owner of new hosts added
Also available in: Atom