renaming a node does not change the certname
1. Create a new host with the name 'test.example.com'
2. Render a provisioning template containing @host.certname. Output should contain 'test.example.com'
3. provision the host (I've not checked this step, but solely creating the host does not seem enough to repro this)
3. Edit the host and change the hostname to 'different.example.com'
4. Render a provisioning template containing @host.certname.
Expected output 'different.example.com'
Actual output 'test.example.com'
My specific use-case is renaming kickstartable hosts. When the certname does not change together with the hostname, this causes massive havok when trying to rebuild hosts.
#1 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 8 years ago
- Category set to Puppet integration
#2 Updated by Aaron Stone over 8 years ago
Related to #3222. Instead of zapping the certificate only if we've changed from uuid to named certificates, what if we always zap the certificate when we're in hostname mode? This will handle both the case described in #3222 (changing from uuid to hostname) and also when renaming a machine with hostname certnames.
#3 Updated by Aaron Stone over 8 years ago
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/1604 added
- Pull request deleted (
#4 Updated by The Foreman Bot over 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Target version set to 1.8.0
#5 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 8 years ago
- Assignee set to Aaron Stone
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 10
#6 Updated by Anonymous over 8 years ago
- Target version changed from 1.8.0 to 1.7.5
#7 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 8 years ago
- Related to Bug #3222: Disabling UUID certificates leaves UUID certname in place on newly created hosts added
#8 Updated by Aaron Stone over 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset d2823e35a7db63d51e894d8480c27d7bf81c1989.
Fixes #6566 - renaming a node now resets the certname on provision
If use_uuid_for_certificates is true, reuse the certname UUID value.
If false, then reset the certname if it does not match the hostname.