UI should throw proper validation error while updating some params with any random value(like utf-8 or -ve values)
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1126731
Description of problem:
I'm bit confused with the validation around the parameter those should contain a valid URL as a value or an IP address as a value.
if I update "unattended_url" parameter under provisioning tab with utf8 characters then UI throws error "Value must be a valid URI"
Similarly, If I update following params, with any value, UI doesn't raise any error:
- login_delegation_logout_url : accepts all values (-ve value, null values, utf-8, latin-1, html etc)
- signo_url: accepts all values (-ve value, null values, utf-8, latin-1, html etc)
- trusted_puppetmaster_hosts : Since its accepts value in an array, so I can add any value (-ve, null, html) between .
Also, the parameters whose value can be a IP address should also be validated before accepting the value.
libvirt_default_console_address: accepts all values (-ve value, null values, utf-8, latin-1, html etc)
remote_addr: accepts all values (-ve value, null values, utf-8, latin-1, html etc)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
sat6 GA snap3
Steps to Reproduce:
1. update all above mentioned parameters under settings menu with some unknown random value.
No validation around above parameters. User can edit all these parameters with any value. A parameter whose value should be only a URL can accept anything. or a param whose value should be an IP address can accept utf8 characters.
Proper validation needs to be placed for parameters. As soon as user input any value, it should be validated by UI and user should get an error message if its a invalid value.
#1 Updated by Dominic Cleal about 5 years ago
- Category set to Settings
1. the two URL settings should be part of the URI_ATTRS list so they get URL validation
2. trusted_puppetmaster_hosts I'm not much worried about, we only check if rDNS is in the list. Maybe it could be validated as an array of strings.
3. libvirt_default_console_address probably should permit hostnames as well as IPs, so I think it's OK.
4. remote_addr is a regexp, so is probably OK too.