Override puppet configuration on host level does not work if specified on host group
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1193812
Description of problem:
When editing a host it's not possible to override puppet ca and puppetmaster if the hostgroup specifies these.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a host group that specifies puppet ca and puppetmaster
2. Assign a host to that host group
3. Edit the host and try remove puppet ca and puppetmaster, click submit
4. The Puppet CA and puppetmaster values are back
The values are still set.
It should be possible to override these values on host level.
Assigning the host to another host group that does not specify puppet ca or puppetmaster works as expected.
- Related to Bug #6369: Unable to create host without Puppet master when specified on host group added
- Category set to Host creation
Looks like an incomplete fix in #6369, which only works on initial host creation, not editing.
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/2230 added
- Pull request deleted (
- Related to Bug #9532: Removing environment from a host in hostgroup that has environment silently picks hostgroup environment added
- Related to Bug #11022: Using a hostgroup with realm makes realm sticky added
- Related to Bug #9784: Autoprovisioning via hostgroup does not populate all parameters via WebUI or API added
- translation missing: en.field_release set to 63
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Related to Bug #11255: Cloning host with host group throws error: undefined method `' for nil:NilClass added
- Related to Bug #11437: "Can't modify frozen Array" error on frozen arrays in select list added
- Related to Bug #11665: mail subscriptions can't be removed added
- Related to Bug #12461: Compute profiles are not applied when inherited added
- Related to Feature #12710: Revert value to the inherited one when the user presses the "inherit" button added
Also available in: Atom