Confusing Capsules with feature pulp and pulp-node
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1371085
Description of problem:
When you create a capsule with the pulp feature there is no warning that it is wrong as you normally only need the pulp-node feature.
Then once you have the external capsule with the pulp feature enabled then synchronize is not working anymore as it errors with
"Action not allowed for the default capsule"
This is for the end-user a confusing error message and does not help the end-user to solve the problem.
After some googling the issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/9209 can be found making a remark that the feature "Pulp" is checked for the Synchronize feature to be enabled.
For the end-user this is all confusing.
Recommended improvements to not confuse the end-user:
- Rename feature "Pulp" to "Pulp-Master" to make it clear it is the master feature and not the node feature
- Rename capsule-installer option "--foreman-proxy-plugin-pulp-enabled=true" to "--foreman-proxy-plugin-pulp-master-enabled=true"
- Rename feature "--foreman-proxy-plugin-pulp-pulpnode-enabled" to --foreman-proxy-plugin-pulpnode-enabled" to make it clear it is a second feature indepenednt of the "Pulp-Master" feature
- Improved error message, stating that a Capsule with the feature "Pulp-Master" does not need to be synchronized as it is the master.
- Provide a warning that registering a second Capsule with the feature "Pulp-Master" is not allowed
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce: