VMware image-based provisioning: Rewrite boot order
Compute resources - VMware
https://github.com/fog/fog-vsphere/pull/110 introduces the ability to change or rewrite the boot order for image based VMs.
We should use that feature, to rewrite the boot order so it's up to date with possible device changes during cloning.
In addition, we should prefer a boot from disk. A network boot can lead to booting the discovery image for example as no PXE config is written for the VM.
- Related to Bug #14160: VMware image-based provisioning: 'configSpec.bootOptions.bootOrder' parameter incorrect added
maybe we can just enforce the network boot for vms that are in build mode and disable it once install is done.
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4831 added
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 296
Also available in: Atom