Selecting a different OpenStack tenant has no effect
Foreman 1.1 RC5
Ubuntu 12.04 Server x86_64
- Add new compute resource
- Select OpenStack as the provider
- Click Load Tenants after entering an auth URL, username, password. If multiple tenants exist then the drop down list gets populated.
- Select a different tenant than the one that is listed as the first choice and click Submit
- Foreman seems to only create the compute resource with the tenant that it listed as the first choice and not the one that is selected. Editing the saved compute resource to select another tenant has no effect; Foreman reverts back to the first tenant.
#1 Updated by Andy Taylor over 9 years ago
I am able to reproduce this in Foreman 1.2 on CentOS 6.4. Same steps to reproduce as Avtar.
Nothing much of interest in the logs, except that I've compared the tenant_id in the HostsController#create section with the actual ID of the tenant I'd selected in Openstack, and they match. So something is getting lost along the way by the looks of it.
#2 Updated by Ohad Levy over 9 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Target version set to 1.3.0
#3 Updated by Andy Taylor over 9 years ago
Quick update on this for anyone else affected: you can get around it by creating a new user in Openstack assigned only to the tenant you want to provision to, then create a new Openstack compute resource in Foreman assigned to that tenant.
#4 Updated by Daniel Lobato Garcia over 9 years ago
- Assignee set to Daniel Lobato Garcia
#5 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 9 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
#6 Updated by Daniel Lobato Garcia over 9 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset d613acf033b6021d21deb76d6a2b57fcdec266a9.
Fixes #2169 Openstack uses tenants