Host clone should include associated Puppet classes
1.6.3, cloning a host does not duplicate it's included classes. It would be very convient when provisioning multiple hosts if there was a mechanism to clone an existing host that encompassed config groups, included classes, and host level parameters.
- Project changed from Smart Proxy to Foreman
- Category changed from Core to Host creation
Are those classes directly included, and does the new host show the same Puppet environment?
- Subject changed from ability to clone a host INCLUDING it's included classes to Host clone should include associated Puppet classes
- Tracker changed from Feature to Bug
- Related to Bug #7407: Cloning a hostgroup do not clone Puppet classes and parameters added
The classes are directly included and may have contained fqdn matched smart parameters.
The cloned host shows the same hostgroup.
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Dominic Cleal
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/2588 added
- Pull request deleted (
- Related to Bug #9815: HostGroup Clone doesn't work if the hostgroup has parameters added
- translation missing: en.field_release set to 63
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Bugzilla link set to 1267692
Also available in: Atom