Table cells should clip with tooltip only if text actually overflows
Clipping to ellipsis leaves a lot of white space in the column.
Also possibly resize columns to better fit contents.
- Subject changed from Host list table clips attributes too soon to Table cells should clip with tooltip only if text actually overflows
Currently, table cells have one of two possible behaviors:
1. Clipping at a hard coded, arbitrary length - which may cause a lot of white space that could be used for displaying the entire text or part of it.
2. Overflowing causing the table layout to break.
The text should clip with tooltip only when really needed, and this should be handled by the browser and not by the server.
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/2789 added
- Pull request deleted (
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- translation missing: en.field_release set to 71
- Related to Bug #12104: Dropdown menu outside of table cell on All Hosts list added
- Related to Bug #12111: Table or column widths added
- Related to Feature #2937: Resize hosts table to use more screen width added
- Related to Feature #1403: [foreman] [UI] - tables columns should be resizable added
- Assignee changed from Tomer Brisker to Lukas Zapletal
- Assignee changed from Lukas Zapletal to Tomer Brisker
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/2837 added
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/2880 added
- Has duplicate Bug #4389: OS label "RHEL Server 6.x" on host list is too long for column added
Also available in: Atom