Remove inheritance from classification system and move type specific functionality to providers framework.
Classification should be a base service provided by the core, but the actual functionality should be provided by various plugins.
One step that should be refactored out of classifier is the output formatter. It should be defined by the ENC type requested.
Other thing that should be refactored is a provider for valid LookupKeys for a given host.
Fixes #15711 - Redesigned host info to providers.
Now you can add your own info by registering a
host method that will return info hash.
- Related to Tracker #9596: Extract Puppet functionality to a plugin added
- Category set to External Nodes
- Target version set to 1.7.0
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Shimon Shtein
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/3701 added
- Blocks Feature #2111: Add Foreman configuration values to ENC output added
- Target version changed from 1.7.0 to 1.6.1
- Target version changed from 1.6.1 to 127
- Target version changed from 127 to 1.5.1
- Target version changed from 1.5.1 to 1.4.1
- Target version changed from 1.4.1 to 1.13.1
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 240
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Related to Bug #20066: global params are not evaluated in ENC output added
- Related to Refactor #20101: Update the input renderer to new HostInfo provider added
- Target version changed from 1.13.1 to 1.14.1
Also available in: Atom