design a concept of deployment object
as a user I would like to:
Create a new deployment type
- Assign hostgroups (and maybe config groups?) which are part of this deployment type
- assign allow compute resources / bare metal discovery per hostgroup
- assign parameters across the deployment, define required parameters per deployment etc
- assign deployment order (which hostgroup is needed first?)
- assign minimum number of hosts per hostgroup/deployment
I'm sure there are more, some background can be used from both stacker https://github.com/ohadlevy/stacker (and maybe the engine branch -> https://github.com/ohadlevy/stacker/tree/engine) and staypuft (https://github.com/theforeman/staypuft).
#5 Updated by Daniel Lobato Garcia almost 8 years ago
https://terraform.io/ is worth considering in my opinion. It has a way of creating providers for new resources, is cloud agnostic and enables multiple providers to be composed. Since one of the strongest points of Foreman is precisely that I think there's a good chance we can use to define Foreman deployments.