Add select boxes to Settings
Some Settings involve selecting from a list of data from elsewhere in Foreman. For example the Default Hostgroup plugin requires the user to select a Hostgroup to default to.
Currently these Settings are a text field, which allows the user to specify incorrect data. It would be better if a Setting could state a dynamic list (say, Hostgroup.all) to allow the user to select from.
- Assignee set to Amir Fefer
- Related to Feature #13721: Some settings should dispaly a drop down list where possiable. added
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/3272 added
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- translation missing: en.field_release set to 136
- Related to Bug #14960: alias_method_chain in settings helper breaks plugins added
- Related to Bug #14963: Contents of select boxes in settings are static, not showing latest objects added
- Related to Refactor #14964: Use collections settings API for taxonomy added
- Related to Bug #15284: Development env reload breaks setting collection added
Also available in: Atom